Frequently Asked Questions

"We'll Make Things Right"

Frequently Asked Questions

The Eshelman Legal Group is committed to providing you with the most personalized and professional service possible.

How long will my personal injury case take?

Each personal injury case is unique and never the same. The length of time depends on how quickly the insurance company accepts liability, how long a person is treated for their injuries, the time it takes to request all medical records and bills and lastly to submit settlement information to the insurance company, negotiate and settle.

I was hurt in a car accident. How do I get a rental car because of my personally injury case?

You will need to call the adjuster handling your claim and ask for a rental car. If you were hit by an uninsured motorist, you should make sure you have rental car coverage and use it through your own automobile insurance policy. If neither party has rental car coverage, you may need to purchase a rental car out of pocket and get compensated back for it out of the personal injury settlement.

Why is it taking so long for the insurance company to accept liability?

There are many reasons this can happen. One of the more typical answers is the insurance company can’t get a hold of their own insured to get a statement. They will not make a liability decision until they talk to their insured. Another reason may be a policy coverage issue that requires further investigation.

What do I do with all of my bills?

If you have health insurance, make sure all bills have been submitted. If you do not have health insurance and the medical provider is demanding payment, we recommend you call the provider and request the smallest possible monthly payment you can make to keep the bill from being turned over to collections. If the provider is a hospital, we recommend you ask if there is a financial assistance program available to cover your hospital bill. Of course, we will submit the full amount of your bills to the auto insurance company, however the case is settled as a whole and no payment can be made from case proceeds until your case is settled. We wish there were more options, unfortunately though this is the current state of the law in Ohio.

Can you refer me to a Doctor?

It is best for you to see your Primary Care Doctor if you have one. If you do not have one, and you have health insurance, please review your provider book that your health insurance company should have sent you. It has a list of all Doctor’s that are covered under your network. If you do not have health insurance, it may be difficult to get into a Doctor and you may be required to pay the bill out of pocket. We will be sure to get that money back for you out of the settlement.

What happens if the person that hit me doesn’t have automobile insurance?

It is unfortunate, but there are people who drive and do not carry insurance. Therefore, it is important you carry what is called Uninsured Motorist Coverage. This will allow you to receive compensation for any injury you may have received from an uninsured, negligent driver.

I lost my job because of this accident. How do I get compensated?

We will send a loss of wages form to your employer for completion. It will then be included in the settlement package to the insurance company for settlement.

If you would like us to evaluate your case...
Please Call: 1-800-365-0001