Ohio Fun Facts
Here are a few we could think of. We would love to hear your suggestions. Please share your Ohio Fun Facts with our Facebook audience at Facebook-ELG
- Cleveland was the first city to use a traffic light
- Cincinnati was the first city to use an ambulance service
- The Life Saver hard candy was created by candy manufacturer Clarence Crane of Garrettsville, Ohio
- 50% of the United States population lives within a 500-mile radius of Columbus, Ohio
- Akron, Ohio was the first city to use police cars
- Ohio has the largest Amish population of any state in the nation
- Ohio had the first automobile service station
- Roy J. Plunkett of New Carlisle, Ohio invented Teflon in 1938
- The first airplane was invented by Dayton natives the Wright Brothers
- Dresden is the home of the world's largest basket. It is located at Basket Village USA.
- The state of Ohio was named after the river 'Ohio'. The Ohio River was named for the Iroquois word, “Ohi-yo” meaning “Continuously-spilling Creek”
- In 1879, Cleveland became the first city to be lighted by electricity
- By state law, no one may be arrested on a Sunday or on the Fourth of July in Ohio, which is totally awesome and definitely not enforced
- Cuyahoga River of Ohio was nicknamed “The River That Caught Fire” as the river has caught on fire at least 13 times. The river's pollution and burning covered extensively in the press and the coverage spurred the environmental movement which eventually led to the establishment of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- The Cuyahoga River is the only river in the country to flow both North and South
If you have a favorite Ohio Fun Fact we would like to hear from you. You could share your insights with our audience on Facebook. Click on our link, find this "Ohio Fun Facts" article and add your suggestions.
You may have seen our TV commercials or read one of our many helpful articles online. We have been helping people just like you for over 40 years. We are ready to help you. Call the Eshelman Legal Group today for your free initial no obligation consultation. Call: 1-800-365-0001 "We'll Make Things Right"
The attorneys at the Eshelman Legal Group understand that no matter how cautious you are, others may not be so careful, and accidents do happen. So we hope you don’t need to, but if you are in a situation where you need the advice of an personal injury attorney, the Eshelman Legal Group is here to help you. For over 40 years we have been assisting accident victims, and we are here to assist you too... because “We’ll make things right.”
Ask yourself this question… who does the adjuster work for? The adjuster works for the insurance company, they do not work for you.